Winter Wonderland Birthday

Here is a post from the vault… aka from a few crazy, cloudy months at the beginning of last year .  It is too cute not to share with you guys!
….cue dream sequence music….
My little La La {short for Lauren}  just turned three and we celebrated by throwing her a Winter Wonderland party! With all of the winter weather we have had this past month {very strange for South Carolina} and her love of all things snowmen, it was the perfect theme for her big shindig.
Couldn’t you just eat her up?  She is full of grins and giggles and loves a good party!  I love her pose… such a little lady!!!

The decorations for the party were my favorite part! I snagged several three dimensional snowflakes in aqua and red in the post-Christmas clearance section at Target and scattered them all around the house. They were hanging from chandeliers, from door knobs, the mailbox, the mantle, and as part of the dessert display area. La La loved that they were so bright and shiny. Oh to have the wonder of a toddler again!
I had seen the most adorable snowman balls that Amy at the Idea Room had made for Christmas and wanted to incorporate them into the party decor. I saw that she had placed some in an apothecary jar and made two of my own to go on both ends of my mantle.
Christmas Party Printable Party Circles - Red and Aqua Sweet Snowflake - The TomKat Studio
Source: The TomKat Studio on ETSY
The food for the party was kept super simple. For munchies I served snowman noses with snow sauce (carrots and ranch dressing), a chocolate chip snowball with vanilla wafers, key lime cooler cookies, and cheese pizza. Of course, a party just isn’t a party for La La without cupcakes. Her favorite is also Mommy’s favorite, devil’s food with buttercream icing, topped with the cutest toppers from the TomKat Studio. I love all of her stuff and think she may be one of the most creative talents in blogland. I was thrilled that she had something in one of her collections to fit the occasion.
The party activities included a marshmallow snowman craft, snowman bowling with yarn-wrapped snow guys for the pins, and a snow ball toss
We finished up the party by reading “Snow Wonder We’re Friends” and goodie bags, of course!  The boys took home stocking caps and the girls took home red crocheted ear warmers.  Both were wrapped in a simple bag with a felt flower pin.
Get ready for La La’s next big day coming up in a few weeks!  Her choice of theme… Minnie Mouse!  See you then!

Comments

What a wonderful party1 My 5 year old daughter is sitting here drooling over the pictures too. I’ve pinned this for her next b-day party- thanks for the inspiration!

i have some of those target snowflakes and LOVE them. gotta love anything that velcros and stores that easily. :)

and my name is lauren and my nieces call me lala. :) i like her style! xo

Your little La La is gorgeous.You really put a lot of thought in to this party, and how beautifully it turned out shows it was so worth it. Really love the snowman bowling no less Thanks for sharing your treasures at Sunday’s Best!

Oh my gosh, I love this color scheme so much. Especially for winter, as it’s something I would normally reserve for 4th of July season, but it works so GREAT here. LOVE! Well done!
    (Visiting from It’s Overflowing)

What a beautiful party! I lovw the use of the bright red against the blue. It really adds a great pop of color and beauty!

Your little one is uber cute too! I miss when mine were that little. They were so easy to make smile and cuddle. Now my boys are too big to snuggle with me. So sad.

Thanks so much for sharing your party at Shindig Saturday! Can’t wait to see many more amazing projects from you. You have a wonderful talent and I’m thrilled to be a reader!

Oh my goodness, I love it! Your colors are fantastic and pictures are stunning! I’m going to pin this to remember for school parties for next year too! Thank you so much for sharing at my party!

Oh, I LOVE those snow balls from the Idea Room! Thanks for putting this post together!!

I’m happy to be your newest follower and am hoping you’ll stop by my BRAND NEW blog and follow me back!!

Thanks a million!
    Sarah @ Dotted Line Crafts

This is such a cute party idea. Both of my kid’s birthdays are in November. Right in the middle of our hot summer. I might have to make a special mid year one just to try some of these ideas. Just wanted to thank you for linking up on my Thriving on Thursdays linky party last week. It’s on again tomorrow (Thursday Australian time) and we’d love to see what you’ve been up to.

Anne @ Domesblissity xx

Thanks so much for linking up to my Manic Monday link party…it was a huge success! Make sure you check back tomorrow when I feature the top 3 posts. I’ll be hosting another Manic Monday linky party this week- the theme is LOVE. :)www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

10. Heather Stewart says

Would you mind sharing what you used to make the bowling game? I’m doing the same theme for my baby’s birthday and would love to have the game :). Thanks!!!