Party Perfect Tissue Poms

I really enjoy styling parties.
No, seriously… I love it!    I love it so much that if you were a friend of mine and told me you were throwing a party for your child, I would lie in bed that night planning your entire party design, whether you asked me to or not! {Most of the time I try really hard to keep it to myself, so you wouldn’t think I was controlling… or crazy } I would even come up with a plan for you to have the most fabulous party and spend a fraction of what you thought you had to spend on decorations!
How is that you ask?  Tissue Pom Poms!
They make a bold statement and are super cheap!
This is where my obsession with tissue pom poms began… good old Martha!  Her tutorial is great for the basics!  All you need is tissue, floral wire, and a good pair of scissors and you are in business!
There are so many varieties of tissue poms out there, most of them only require a little different cut before you fan out your tissue pom.
 Here are three variations that I use most often:
I admit that I am a little obsessed with parties, but isn’t it amazing what an impact a few dollars and some tissue paper can make?
If you are a friend of mine, please don’t be afraid to tell me that your child is going to have a birthday party!  I promise not to bombard you with all of my elaborate plans… unless you ask!
Have a great end to your week!
Your lunatic friend….

Comments

I made jelly fish Pom poms for my daughters under th sea party with three poms tied together going from large to medium to small with some of the ends tied on as tentacles. I love poms, they can be used in so many ways. I love your blog by the way.

I remember making these in high school…we decorated our whole prom with these…always make a party more fun!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

I did these for a baby shower I threw the other day. It was my first shower, so I was nervous about putting a ton of effort into all of these crafts and nothing turning out well enough for anyone to even notice — but the pom-poms were a HUGE hit! Everyone noticed. And my daughter even helped me to make them!

I was trying to think of something unique with a lot of color to hang from my chandy for spring. I think these in a mini version with a few colorful butterflies will be just the ticket! Thank you for sharing! I love all the variations you have!

These are super cute! Always looking for cute and inexpensive decorating ideas! We are so glad that you linked up to “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” Hope you’ll be back next week! -The Sisters

i love the tissue paper pom pom idea. my next party i’m determined to have some of these little guys make an appearance.

stopping by from turquoise tuesday.
    hope you’ll check out my blog.
    mybagofsunshine.blogspot

I’m totally in agreement with you, Trish. I had some hanging on my chandelier this weekend (shown in my current post), that I just hated to take down, they’re so festive! The packs of tissue I bought at Target only had 6 pieces of tissue (who double checks that?), but my poms look pretty, anyway.

These are so gorgeous. They add a just a beautiful statement. These could be so perfect in so many different parties/settings. Thanks for giving us the links for the basics on Martha. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best.

Just love theses!! I made some for a party a few years ago, used different colors and made some with pointed ends and some with curved ends. It was amazing how they really brought the space to life, so much fun!!

Ooooo Sister I am sooooooo RIGHT THERE with you…I only have question for you…WILL U be MY friend?????????

Seriously, I have tried MANY, MANY times to make the pom, poms and I can’t seem to get it right..is there a trick to the size of tissue paper, the amount of tissue papers, or to folding that make yours look so good? I have followed the Martha tutorial and still can’t make ones as good as yours!! I really want to make these for my son’s b-day in about 5 weeks I hope I can conquer!

I am there with you not only do the balloons cost money, they are not biodegradable, plus if you do it yourself what do you do that tank when you are done? Yeah….so over that