Classroom Valentines and Decor { from Target Clearance buys }

classroom valentines
I am so excited to share some Classroom Valentine goodies with you today!
But first…. I have a little confession…

I may have gone a little crazy in the Target holiday clearance section last week.  I may have purchased a few {dozen} felt heart gift package toppers. I just got all a flutter when I realized that they were about 10 cents each, and before I knew it, they had hopped in my cart!   Not to worry… I had big plans for these little pretties…

First up were treat bags for La La’s preschool classmates.  I filled the cone shaped treat bags with Valentine candy corn and tied them with her sweet little note and a felt heart!  I used my favorite Valentine color combo of red, pink, and turquoise for these little goodie bags!  She was so excited, but looked at me like I was crazy when I told her we couldn’t bring them to school for another month!  Well, maybe I am crazy!  But what is a blogger to do?
The felt heart goodness continues on to a bright and cheery Valentine heart garland!  This was one of those incredibly easy projects that was done while I was catching up on my blogs!

Here is all you need:
  • felt hearts
  • string (I found this awesome clothesline at the dollar store)
  • scissors
All you have to do is cut your string to the desired length and thread your hearts on!  Easy peasy, but oh so cute!
I hope that you guys have a great weekend!
We hope that you will click on over to see the rest of this post!

Comments

I stocked up when they were 30 cents. Now I feel like I overpaid! Thanks for some great ideas of what to do with these sweet little hearts. I have to make it through making birthday party favors for a friend and wedding activity books for a friend before I can get to Valentine’s day decorating!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who went nuts at Target! My cousin had called to tell me about the hearts. She bought a bunch at 30 cents…I waited and bought out all the red ones for 10 cents each. I bought so many and can’t wait to start playing with them. I was going to make a similar garland…but you just gave me a great idea for another idea… :)

Thanks!
    Heidi@HomemadeBeautiesByHeidi

Thanks!
    Heidi@HomemadeBeautiesByHeidi

Ok, I felt like I was writing the beginning of your post myself. I did the same thing. i totally went nuts when I realized they were 10 cents per 3 pack! I thought of so many great ideas! Hung some blue ones from my chandelier today for an laid back baby shower. Love the garland idea.

This also makes me want little ones again. I love the cute little treat bags, those are great. Oh, I love Target too and I that store gets me to buy more stuff with their great buys lol.

Ha! I had to bring my husband to Target with me to look for a baby’s first ornament, because I knew I’d buy something crazy like a hundred felt hearts for .10 each. It’s just such a great deal and there’s always something you can do with them! Super cute valentines!

I love them both! That is so something I would do (buying all the hearts). You would be able to use them for so many things!

Thanks for linking up to Tell it to Me Tuesday @ Creatively Living!

–Katie
    @ Creatively Living

I hopped on over from Serenity Now when I saw those hearts. I picked up a whole lot of those hearts from Target a few weeks ago. I knew they would be perfect for valentine day projects! I plan on using mine for a mantle banner. Thanks for sharing all your ideas for them. Cheers and Happy Friday!

Well those ate just cute!! I always miss out on these kind of things. So happy you scored this one.Love your creations too. Thank you for participating in the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo

So, so cute!! All of her friends are going to love those Valentines! And the banner is so adorable, and I love how simple it was to make too :) I’m your newest follower! I’d love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back if you’d like. I have a lot of Valentine’s Day ideas posted lately!
    Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

ohmygosh. These are such cute ideas. Love the turquoise additions to the traditional valentine’s day colors. I would have done the same thing if I were in Target. You never know where you can use them!

You must be a kindred spirit because I did the same thing! I think I bought at least 30 packages. Figure I shouldn’t run out of hearts for a long time. I am going to make banners out of mine too for some of my girlfriends. So cute!

Oh my word— I’m obsessed with Target clearance, how did I miss these?!?!?! What section were they in?? Anyway, LOVE what you’ve done with them :)
    would love for you to link up at my Handmade Vday party! :)

blessings!

Lauren @ ssj

I love Target clearance! Those little red tags just call my name! I love your banner and your gifts.. they are oh so cute! I featured this on a Valentines roundup And.. thanks for linking up to my Financial Friday Link Party! I hope to see you there this week too!

I did the same thing! I used some for a craft in my daughter’s preschool class. We took two hearts and glued pretty cellophane in the middle. They are cute sun catchers now.