This week on the Tuesday Trade-Off, we are so thrilled to have Amy from Nap Time Crafters!
Take it away Amy…
Hi I’m Amy from Nap Time Crafters!
Stop on by and have a look around- I love meeting new friends!
I’ve been seeing a lot of subway art lately, so I decided to make one just for us. I had little miss in mind when coming up with some of these:)
Want to know the secret to making a gorgeous hand painted subway art???
- Vinyl and transfer paper
- Wood Plaque
- Design: come up with your own rules or borrow ours. You can snag my SCAL file here
1. Cut out your design using an electronic cutter or a razor (if you’re really really patient). Now peel out all of the letters, but leave the rest of the vinyl behind. Use your transfer paper to move it onto your plaque.
2. Decide on your colors and go to town with the paint. Let it dry for at least an hour- I’d recommend overnight to be safe.
3. Peel off the vinyl and enjoy! I had a few spots that didn’t turn out perfect but I decided it just added to the look and left it as is. You could just use lots of different vinyl colors if you want, but I think the paint really makes it unique.
Now we just need to get everyone to follow them:)
we’re doing great on tickling!
Thanks for having me!
Thanks Amy! You can find Amy and more of her great finds and projects on her blog, Nap Time Crafters!
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- How To Make Bird’s Nest Napkin Rings - March 18, 2019
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - March 18, 2019
- Easter Treats for Kids and Free Printable Labels - March 4, 2019