Robin’s Egg Blue Easter Wreath { Easter Decorating Idea }

easter decorating ideas

Easter Decorating Idea

I am just over the moon excited that Spring has made its appearance!  With the birds chirping and the blue skies shining… it was time to make an Easter wreath… a Robin’s Egg Blue Easter Wreath to be exact!
Pinned Image
I was cruising around Pinterest the other day and I found the most gorgeous egg wreath from Urban Farmhouse.  Isn’t it just beautiful?  I instantly knew how I would design my wreath.  Eggs, moss, burlap,  and a little more color!
Here is how to make one for yourself…
Supplies:
  • Grapevine wreath form (mine was 18″)
  • Moss
  • Multi-sized eggs (I used five bags like the ones above from Hobby Lobby)
  • Spray Paint in your choice of color
  • Acrylic paint in brown for a little speckling
  • Floral Wire
  • Glue Gun and LOADS of glue sticks
  • Ribbon or burlap for  the bow
The first thing you will do is spray paint your eggs.  I chose this pretty blue from Rustoleum.  Let that coat dry and then turn them over and spray the other side.
Super easy!
Now it is time to adhere the moss to the grapevine wreath.  I used a preserved bright green sheet moss.  First, I took a small area of the moss and get as much dirt off as I could.  Then,  I laid it on the wreath and literally wired it on.  It doesn’t have to be perfect,  just cover the front of the wreath!
This is the most time consuming part of the process.  You will hot glue the eggs onto the wreath form.  Again, we are not going for perfection here, just coverage!  About nine million glue sticks later… I speckled the eggs with brown acrylic craft paint.  You can spatter paint them or you can flick the bristles of a toothbrush to get a light spritz.
Now if you are not crazy OCD over the teeny tiny details you can skip this part!  I took a little bit of reindeer moss and would glue little tufts where there were spaces between the eggs.
OCD? …maybe
Polished and Pretty? … absolutely!
Add your pretty bow and you are done!
See you tonight at the Uncommonly Yours Link Party!

Dear Lillie's Easter Link Party

bestofmarch

Linking To: Savvy Southern Style

We hope that you will click on over to see the rest of this post!

Comments

I LOVE this wreath! I have that same blue spray paint! I have got to keep my eyes out for little eggs though, I wonder if you could spray paint plastic ones. Anyway, it turned out awesome! What a pretty welcoming wreath!

I just love this wreath. I usually don’t decorate for Easter. I am not sure why, but this wreath has inspired me to maybe put a little something up! Great job!

This is gorgeous! I love the blue but even think the eggs as they were were really pretty too. I just might have to make one of these for my front door. I am obsessed with wreaths and have one for every holiday. :)

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

I’ve never been one to really decorate for Easter, but this is easy enough that I might even have to do it! :)

Thanks for sharing at Simply Klassic Sunday!

That’s gorgeous! I really need to get moving on my spring wreath and I think I might actually have all these supplies already (not really surprising if you could see the mess that I call a craft room!) Thanks for sharing at my party!

Wow! That turned out beautiful. Visiting from Serenity Now. Tonight our linky party “Cowgirl Up!” goes live. It is a linked linky, so post once and your link appears on four blogs. Hope to see you and your cute wreath tonight!
    :) Samantha

Beautiful wreath, love the blue color you chose. I’ve been wanting to make one but am overwhelmed with all the spring painting going on in my house. Thanks for showing us how! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best.

Thanks so much for linking up your two projects! I LOVE this wreath. I still need to get my spring wreath made and this is such a cute one!

This wreath is so cute! Thanks so much for linking up to “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We loved having you and hope you’ll join us again next week! -The Sisters

Oh my gosh! I love your wreath! I saw you over on 52 mantels! The eggs on your wreath are the color of my front door so I would have to paint the eggs a different color. I may try making a wreath like this.

It’s just so fabulous!! I’m so honored that you linked up to my party!! I’ll be featuring you tomorrow at Mop It Up Mondays! Thanks for linking up!

{HUGS},
    kristi

Lovely wreath! Very pretty. I found you on Rhoda’s Southern Hospitality blog and I am a new follower. I see that you are going to Haven also! Looking forward to meeting you there.

-Erin Spain
    DIYOntheCheap.com

I’ve been seeing your wreath featured and had to come tell you that it is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! The blue eggs with the green moss and the burlap bow…ahhh to die for! Love it!

14. ~ Megin of VMG206 says

This is so pretty ~ I really like the blue eggs against the green. Thanks for sharing the step by step, too!
    I found you today thru the Domestically-Speaking, Countdown To Spring Linky Party, where I’m #108. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin