Pottery Barn Inspired LOVE Wall Art Plaque

So, as I was browsing through the pages of the new Pottery Barn catalogue, I spied with my little eye, a beautiful piece of love wall art!

Pure, sweet, and simple lovliness!

However, it is quite large and well…pricey.

Soooo…off to Hobby Lobby I went! Strolling through the  home accent clearance section with my 9 year old son, I knew I had a very limited amount of time. Who knew within 2 minutes I would spy this little baby…

Perfect size for over my cook top! The wooden letters were also a Hobby Lobby buy on the same trip. Needless to say, someone knew my sweet little guy was only going to last so long, because it was literally a 10 minute trip. Sweet!

Bonus…take a look at the price tag…

At first I was going to remove the tray handles, but decided to leave them, they made it a little different and able to actually be used as a tray.

The first step was to simply glue the wooden letters on the tray { I used liquid nails }…

Next, I took the handles off and spray painted the whole tray and letters with my fave…Rustoleum Heirloom White! I Love that it is a pure creamy white! I waited for it to dry, put the handles back on and ….

Yes…I promise I took that picture in January! { Here in the South, we can still have our pretty green ferns in January!}

I added a simple jute ribbon bow {an ETSY find! } and that’s it!

I am a very neutral person by nature, but tend to LOVE a pop of color, so the tone on tone is a bit of a stretch for me! Something in me just wants to paint it red! {maybe that’s just my crafting ADD talking! }

So sweet, simple, and easy! And for more Valentine’s Day Ideas, you have got to see our Valentine Mason Jar Craft

valentine-mason-jar-craft

Bonnie

Welcome to Uncommon Designs. I am Bonnie Mauney and the co-author here at Uncommon Designs. My love for creating crafts, home decor, seasonal decor, and sewing has led me to my desire to share that with you here at our blog. I am happy to have you stop by our little slice of the blog world and join us in Creating A Beautiful Life!

Comments

I love it!! I want to make one for one of my Valentine Mantels. Hmm…so many inspiring projects, so little time…

Thanks SO much for sharing at my party!! I love every single thing you guys do!

Hi Bonnie!

Stopping by for the first time to your blog because your thumbnail on Flamingo Toes caught my eye! I just love how your project turned out! Very nice! Looking forward to perusing more of your posts and getting to know you better :)

Kindly, Lorraine

Great job. Thanks for the lesson. It’s all football here this afternoon and Hobby Lobby is closed but someday soon I’ve just got to go visit them.

Great job on the Pottery Barn knockoff. I actually like yours better. Love that you left the handles and added the burlap bow. Your also came in at the right price. What more could one ask for. I also love your Valentine’s Apothecary jars. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best Party.

Uncommon is a great name for your blog because you get UNCOMMONingly good deals!

VERY AWESOME LOVE SIGN!
    (thanks Son, for being such a good boy that trip)

Visiting from Nifty Thrifty Tue Party 98 at Linda’s Coastal Charm,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

this is a great knock off! My hubs has some great wood in the back of the truck headed to the dump, but I’m going to rescue it for a future copy of your craft. thanks for the great inspiration. P.S. Why not do your sign in a blue a little darker than the tile?

Is there anything better that simple, easy and cheap! Love your version just as much as PB! Also, totally jealous of your beautiful stove hood! gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Oh my goodness! Just gorgeous, better than the original..and don’t paint it a color, leave it like it is..it’s perfect! Will be remembering this for sure when we do our V’day Inspiration Friday features. Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Heather

Nice job. I’ve been tossing my Pottery Barn catalogs … don’t want to be tempted … but now I’ll look at them with an eye to steal … or I mean tastefully reproduce. We don’t have a Hobby Lobby here … sounds like a lot of you go there. What brand of paint do you find the “heirloom white” or does it come in various brands? I’m kind of a Home Depot or Lowes kind of person. I love tone on tone….or maybe just one color and neutrals. Also…when you say jute ribbon … is that the same as burlap? Anyway… going to check out your archives. becky@reinventingtheordinary.com

Looks fabulous! Very clever knockoff! I had my eye on that Pottery Barn sign too. So sad we don’t have a Hobby Lobby around here – I hear so much about it around Blogland and have never been to one. Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark. I’ll be featuring it on Sunday. Enjoy your weekend!
    Jenn :)

This sign turned out amazing!! And thank goodness the Hobby Lobby fairy was looking down on you and helped you find your goods quickly! Thanks for linking up to Craft Monkey’n Monday, I pinned your project and shared it on the Craft Monkey facebook page!

Just found this post through the Find Some Love Fest. I love seeing DIYs for pottery barn knock-offs. Also, I understand how the ferns are still green. I’m in the South too, and it’s 70 degrees today!

13. Joelle says

I plan on copying this idea for my place, but if you like that pop of colour you should go for it. I think a bit of red dry-brushed on the letters would bring out the red in the books on your shelf (shelves) and really tie it all together.