We recently had the chance to try out some of Deco Art’s acrylic paint and I am so excited to share this sweet peg doll angel ornament with you today! Isn’t she such a cutie?!
Peg Doll Angel Ornament Tutorial
- Deco Art Americana Acrylic Paint in Antique White
- Deco Art Amerciana Acrylic Paint in Warm White
- Deco Art Americana Acrylic Paint in Lamp (Ebony) Black
- Unfinished Wood Peg Doll
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Screw Eye
- 2 White Feathers
- silver sequin
Step One. Paint the Peg Doll with the flesh colored acrylic paint (antique white). Make sure to paint the bottom, too!
Step Two. Paint the white dress on the angel with a paintbrush. I left the bottom the flesh color. You may want to do a few coats depending on how thick you are applying the paint.
Step Three. While your angel dress is drying, I threaded the screw eye through the hole of the sequin.
Step Four. Now you want to insert the screw eye into the back of the angel’s head. You can use a drill to start a hole, a push pin, or ice pick. I usually just use a little elbow grease!
Step Five. Now you will trim your feathers to the size you want them and glue them to the back of the angel. You can still go back and trim the feathers again once the hot glue has dried.
Step Six. Now, just tie some ribbon or use an ornament hanger and you are ready to hang this little sweetie up!
Be sure to check out Deco Art’s 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments for more great ideas!
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- How To Make Bird’s Nest Napkin Rings - March 18, 2019
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - March 18, 2019
- Easter Treats for Kids and Free Printable Labels - March 4, 2019