Hi everyone! My name is Angela and I’m excited to be be back as a food contributor here at Uncommon Designs sharing this amazing peach crumble pie. At my blog, Handmade in the Heartland, I share recipes (similar to what I’ll be showing here), craft and DIY projects, parenting tips, home decor ideas, lots of dessert recipes and the occasional fashion post. I’d love for you to pop over and see me!
Fresh summer farm grown peaches are a true taste of summer, I love this peach crumble pie, its a perfect mix between a peach pie and peach cobbler. Delicious with the nut crumble topping and sweet peaches you won’t have any left overs!
I always wish I had a peach tree in my yard, do you? I guess its the best of both worlds to buy them at the farmers market because I don’t have to pick them. 🙂
I made multiple mini pies but you can easily make one big pie as well. Serving it with a good vanilla ice cream would make it the ultimate summer dessert.
Peach Crumble Pie
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and toast the almonds and pecans for 6-10 minutes. Let them cool and then chop them up. In the bowl of a stand mixer place the nuts, flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon and mix to combine. Add 12 tablespoons of cold butter cut into small pieces, and mix until the butter combines with the flour mixture and becomes a “crumb” topping.
2. Unroll your pie crust and place in your pie plate, pressing down to the plate. Make the pie filling by peeling and slicing the peaches. A trick I use to peel the peaches is to pop them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes and then drain in your sink with a colander, mark an X on the top of each one and the skins will slide right off! Cut in half and remove the pit and then slice and place in a bowl. Mix the peaches with 2 tablespoons of flour and then dump into pie shell.
3. Spread crumble mixture on top of the pie filling and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes and then serve!
I love to be in the kitchen creating fun and delicious things for my family! Check out these other recipes that we love!
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Grilled Pimiento Cheese Hot Dogs - May 20, 2019
- Tornado Dogs … Hot Dogs with a Twist! - May 15, 2019
- Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Grilled Pork Tenderloin Salad - May 14, 2019