Ombre Thread Wrapped Easter Eggs

Ombre Thread Wrapped Easter Eggs

Ombre thread wrapped easter eggs
I love Easter and all of the beautiful colors that make their appearance this time of year.  Everything starts to take on new life and a vibrance that just lifts the spirit.  I always feel like I have more energy and am more awake to the beauty that surrounds us.  For me that means inspiration for creative projects that involve rich colors and actually making them instead of just thinking about it!  Strange, I know! :)
ombre thread wrapped eggs
I decided to hop on the ombré bandwagon and wrap some Easter eggs with embroidery floss!   In my usual order… I whipped up the eggs and then looked up the actual meaning of ombré.  Luckilyombré is an adjective that means having a design in which the color is graduated from light to dark.  Check!  I was afraid there for a minute that this would be a striped thread Easter egg tutorial, but it was all good!
ombre thread wrapped eggs
Here is how to make some fancy schmancy ombré eggs for yourself!

ombre thread wrapped eggs
 Step One.  Gather your supplies:  Styrofoam egg, three shades of embroidery floss and a hot glue gun.
ombre thread wrapped eggs

Step Two.  Tie the end of the floss in a knot and trim off the excess. You will then want to roll a flat circle a little smaller than a dime.

ombre thread wrapped eggs

Step Two.  Add a dot of  glue to the center of the egg’s top and push down the circle.  Continue going around with the thread and just dabbing a little hot glue along the way.  Once you finish with one color I would suggest flipping the egg over and doing the darkest color next in the same fashion.  Finally, add the middle color.
ombre thread wrapped eggs
All done!

Ombre thread wrapped easter eggs

Have fun making a few for yourself!

Comments

Oh my goodness…these eggs are adorable! I LOVE the ombre trend and I love that you used embroidery floss instead of yarn. I found you on the Mingle blog hop…and am SO glad I did. I am your newest follower :)

2. Marilyn says

These are SOOOO pretty!! I absolutely LOVE them.. Thanks SO much for linking.. YOU are soo creative..

I think these are great. Have you ever tried them with variegated floss?

Hi! I’m your newest follower from Katherine’s Corner Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Following you on Pinterest, GFC, FB, Twitter, and Linky Followers.

ADORABLE!!!! This is an awesome craft. I love the ombre trend and you used it to it’s full advantage. Good for you. I hopped over from Serenity Now and am your newest follower. Thanks so much!!
    Lynn @ Scrapity Anne

Your eggs are so beautiful! That looks like a good project for the little bit older kids that are off school the week before Easter!

This is my first time to your blog. I found you through the Mingle with Me blog hop! It’s so nice to meet you!

Shannon
    wvclaylady.com

Beautiful. I will be hosting a crafting and cooking contest for spring posts soon and this would be great to share. Love your eggs and their great monotone style.

These are so pretty and I appreciate the tip about doing the darkest and lightest colours first with your thread. As I was reading it I was wondering how you finished them off so nicely!

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

I’m so happy you linked up this wonderful project Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Hugs and wishes for a lovely week ahead. P.S. The new giveaway has started!

9. Marilyn says

Totally featuring these tonight.. I LOVE them.. Hope you cna link again and stop in via Pin’Inspirational Thursday starting tonight.. Thanks SO much for always being so inspiring.. ;))

10. Marilyn says

These eggs are so cute!! I’m glad you explained what ombre means. I’ve seen it all over but it didn’t quite click. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

These are beautiful. I love the colors you chose. The tutorial is perfect as well. You make it look so easy. Thank you for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family.