Oh Joy! Christmas Apothecary Jars

christmas apothecary jars

They’re back and more festive than ever! Remember our Boo Apothecary Jars? Well, we promised to show you their transformation for Christmas and here they are!

Our Christmas Apothecary Jars.

The pictures just don’t do them justice. We took the same three apothecary jars from before and added some red microcheck gingham ribbon { you can find it HERE }, a little red tulle { you can find it HERE¬†}, JOY letters, and some good old fashioned peppermint candy { you can find it HERE } to create another adorable trio.

I hope that you are enjoying the preparations for the holidays and are doing a better job at staying sane than I have been. Things are good and crazy around here and I feel so behind! I keep picturing the manger scene where “all is calm and bright” and I try to take a deep breath and remember what a fantastic and miraculous gift we have already received. Thank you Jesus for always helping me to find a little peace when I need it the most… you never let me down!

Check out our “Give Thanks” Apothecary Jars!

Find An Updated Supply List for the Apothecary Jars HERE!

this post contains affiliate links

Comments

I love this! I featured it today on my blog – today’s top twenty! I’d love if you could stop by! While your there please click on my widget at the top. For every click P&G will donate 1 day’s worth of clean water! {Plus you get free samples and coupons!} Talk soon!

Amanda
    todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

These are so pretty! I created a similar display in my house using cloches. As for the Christmas tree…maybe we’ll bother with that next year!

If you get a chance later today, I’d love for you to stop by to link up to my Not “Baaad” blog hop :)

Love the jars. I had seen them when you had the BOO. I am for sure going to invest in some of these. They would look so good in my kitchen. I am going to try and feature them on my blog chmitlinfamily.blogspot.com, that is if I can figure how to do it.

4. Anonymous says

This is a handmade project. You can purchase the jars from Hobby Lobby. The rest of the material you can find at your local hardware or craft store.

Thank you all for your comments and questions! As far as the paint coming off, this did not happen to any of the sets we made….if you use spray paint on the metal lids, use a metal primer first and then do thin multiple coats of your color. If you are using acrylic paint,try doing multiple light coats as well!!

6. Anonymous says

Any suggestion as to where I can find candlesticks? I am having a REALLY hard time finding some. The Hobby Lobby and Michaels that I went to didn’t have any.

7. Anonymous says

Cute. Found on Pinterest and making it tonight. I found similar jars ar Kirklands. No painting–they are already black. Having a hard time finding the letters i like. The “o” at hobby Lobby looks like an “c”. Any suggustions where I can get them.

Hi! The wooden letters came from Hobby Lobby in the unfinished wood section. The “o” and “C” are very similar..perhaps someone put the “c” in the “o” spot? The “O” does have a very small opening at the top. We simply painted them black and tied them on with ribbon! hope this helps!

9. Anonymous says

Yes, it does–thanks. I was hoping to find metal letters that were already painted so I could get the project done faster!! When I hung the letters, my husband said “what is jcy”. I will just have to paint them. Super cute idea!! Thanks for sharing.

I am always on the lookout for Apothecary jars so I can do something very similiar to this. I just love the look and love how you can change them up with the seasons. Fabulous job!!

11. Anonymous says

I love these, I am trying to find the unfinished candle sticks and have been unsuccessful, any ideas on where to get them these days?

12. Anonymous says

Ladies,
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE these jars. I am having a terrible time finding the 4 3/4 size candle stick. I have looked everywhere…..hobby lobby, michaels, joanns and the internet. Please offer me a suggestion. I am desperate!!!!

Your jars are the BEST I have seen anywhere! You are so creative! I read through the posts and did not see the size of the letters you used. Did I just miss it? Also, is it safe to assume you used the 4″ circle under the jar and the 5″ at the base? Have you posted your Valentine’s Day jars yet?

SJ, Yes the circles are 4 inch and 5 inch. The jars are the medium sized cannisters{ I believe a little over 6 inches tall} and are online. We have a recent post on supplies and where you might be able to find them { they have become very difficult to round up! } and you can view it here…

Our Valentine’s Jars were posted and you can view them here…

Thank you for all you nice comments!! Hope this helps! :)

These are beautiful! I made an easter version and put a link to blog tutorial–hope that’s ok! Do yall have any suggestions for a summer theme? or 3 letters for summer? (besides S-U-N) Thanks for sharing!

Janene

This are so cute! They’re definitely getting added to my Christmas board on Pinterest. I saw them featured on Crafty Texas Girls.

1. […] Craft Ideas Holiday Vase DIY Card Display Appliqued Kitchen Towel Reclaimed Wood Santa Sign Christmas Apothecary Jars DIY Christmas Artwork DIY Striped Joy Letters Easy Peppermint Pinwheel […]