No-Sew Chevron Valentine Pillow

No Sew Chevron Valentine Pillow
Hey Y’all!  This is a little something for all of you who have not entered into the land of the sewing machine!
  Remember my chevron door plaque?  Well, I thought she needed a little company! Using two red napkins from Target and the leftover chevron fabric from my plaque project, I was able to make a pretty little No Sew Chevron Valentine Pillow.  Now my porch is complete!
Here are the details…

No-Sew Chevron Valentine Pillow

2 napkins that are the same size
scraps of fabric for the hearts
rick rack (mine was Target $ spot)
hot glue gun and glue
heart pattern
pillow form
Heat ‘n Bond
Step One:  The first thing you want to do is iron both napkins and your decorative fabric.
 Once you have done this you want to iron the Heat ‘ n Bond to the decorative fabric (I recommend following the directions on the package). Then, you will trace your hearts onto the paper side of the Heat’n Bond and cut it out.
Step Two:  Your next step is to fold the rick rack over so that it will make a really wide V.  This will make it dip down further on the pillow, but still lay flat.  Now you can  glue the rick rack to the front of the pillow.  I used the Heat’n Bond for this part, but the glue would work fine.
Step 3: After your rick rack has cooled, you want to peel the paper off of the back of your hearts and iron them in place.  Time to piece it all together!
Step Four:  Match your two towels together and begin gluing  along the seam (the raised edge).  Go slow and pinch together and you go until you have three of the four sides glued and cooled.  Place your pillow form inside the two napkins through the opening.  Now, glue the final side and you are done!
Crazy easy and crazy cute!  My favorite combo!
* Trish

My kind of project!! I love it!

I bought the same exact towels for a new no-sew kitchen valance!! Gotta love Target!! :)

(I may have already told you this on the chevron heart tutorial…if so, sorry!!)

Great pillow-I LOVE no sew projects! I also love that you gals are sister-in-laws! My sis-in-law is the ONLY sister I have-we have a blast together-still trying to get her to jump on the bloggy bandwagon with me :)

p.s. I’m a new follower, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Yay! Yay! No SEW! :0) Love your chevron theme.

Thanks so much for taking part in our Pin’Inspiration Party. Hope that you are having as much fun exploring as I am and that you’ll take part in helping the “Beat the Winter Blues” on Saturday.

Love this! And I haven’t ventured out to learn to sew yet, but the more I blog, the more I think it is just going to have to be…one day:)

Following you in linky. (And praying GFC doesn’t really ever go away:) haha)

Crazy cute is right! I love that you cute the zig zag material into hearts! So fun for Valentine’s day…or really any day! Stopping by from Serenity Now. Have a great weekend!

Very cute and simple design! Would be a perfect girl’s night activity for the teenagers!

New follower via the Linky Party Hop.
    I hope you will stop by my blog, say hello and follow me back!

Love the pillow! Great colors, lots of fun, and you could even leave it out past Valentine’s Day! I’m so glad you shared it at our Shine on Fridays party!

This is so cute! I really like that you “draped” the hearts and the chevron fabric stands out so well against the red. (I’m a sewer, so I’d probably take that route…) Anyway–darling–I tweeted it!

Love, love, LOVE that pillow! Would love for you to stop by and link up to the Tuesday To Do Party (if you haven’t already.) Also, the Pretty Packages Party is going on & I would love for you to share any creative gifts, packages or party favor ideas!

This turned out really cute! I love the chevron pattern on the red – darling! I am visiting from Lil’ Luna and I’d love if you would visit back! Have a great day!

11. Paula says

Very cute! I might actually try to make a pillow~!! No Sew is right up my alley! I’d love if you shared this at our party!

I love to sew so it’s not a downer to me, but I love the idea of having the option to sew or not. Your pillow is very cute. But then you guys always do such great projects. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday’s Best Par.tay. Now following you on Linky – thought I already was!

13. Polkadot-pretties says

Fabulous post,
    Thank you for linking your post up! , hope you will stop by today and link up another great post!!

Anything no-sew is PERFECTION! And that chevron? SWOON!! Very creative! Thanks so much for linking this up with Mop It Up Mondays at i should be mopping the floor last week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This turned out AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for sharing at my party!!! Can’t wait to see what you link up this week!!! Just in case you haven’t entered, my giveaway for 1000 full color business cards ends tonight at midnight!!! XO, Aimee