Hi Uncommon Designs readers! I am Shannah from Just Us Four and I am so excited to be back sharing a new recipe with you again this month! I hope you enjoyed the Mediterranean Dip from last month. I know I’ve made it several times for get togethers we’ve had and it has been a big hit. This month, I have been really embracing fall and decided what better way to do so than to share a perfect fall recipe. Squash is a huge favorite of mine and this maple roasted butternut squash may be my absolute favorite fall side dish ever!
For this recipe, I combined the squash with some dried cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon to make sure it didn’t turn out overly sweet. The result was a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
What You’ll Need:
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
Nonstick cooking spray
Let’s Make It:
1) Preaheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, combine the butternut squash, cranberries and walnuts. Stir to combine.
3) In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and cinnamon. Pour into bowl with squash and stir to coat all the ingredients with the maple syrup. Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
4) Bake in the oven, at 400 degrees, for 15 minutes or until the squash is tender.
This recipe is really the perfect fall dish. It has all the great flavors you expect for fall and it takes less than 30 minutes to make! I am pretty sure this will make an appearance on our Thanksgiving table this year.
Have you been making a lot of fall foods yet? Our weather has been a little back and forth so I am just really getting started heavy with the fall recipes.
Thanks for reading along today. I hope you’ll connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest to see all the other recipes I’ve been sharing. You can also catch up on my recent fall recipes like
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- How To Make Bird’s Nest Napkin Rings - March 18, 2019
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - March 18, 2019
- Easter Treats for Kids and Free Printable Labels - March 4, 2019