Hello Uncommon Design Readers! I’m Rachel from R & R Workshop and I’m glad to be back today to share project! I have 3 sisters and when we were kids we had a little piano. I still remember playing it and wish we would have saved it. So I have been on the lookout for a piano for my kids. I am so excited to show you what I found and did… a Kids Piano Makeover!
I found this piano for $5 and I couldn’t pass it up! I knew that a piano makeover would have to happen. I like Barbie..but not this much haha!
While I love the color pink, I chose to paint it a different color because we already have a ton of pink in our house. Navy is one of my favorite colors and so classic. After some thinking… I decided to go for it! I love how classic it looks and it doesn’t even look like a kids toy piano anymore!
Here’s what you will need:
Navy Spray Paint- Krylon Color Master Spray Paint in Navy Blue
Silver Metallic Spray Paint- Krylon Color Master Metallic Spray Paint in Silver
Primer- I used gray
1. First, clean the piano as best you can. This piano was dirty on the keys and there were stickers stuck to it. I used a heavy duty cleaner called Sol-U-Mel and an x acto knife to get the stickers off.
2. Spray your piano with primer. Gray primer is what I used but any primer would work. Let dry.
3. Now for the navy paint! I painted 2 coats on the piano and stool- allowing time for the piano to dry in-between each coat. Don’t forget to cover the keys so you don’t spray them!
4. The tricky part is painting between the keys. I taped it off with tape and used a paint brush to get in between the small spaces.
5. I wanted to add a little detail on the top of the piano. I painted the top with the silver spray paint. Once it is dry, tape off your rectangle. Spray the top with navy paint.
I seriously love how it turned out!! I suggest allowing 1-2 days for paint to dry thoroughly.
My kids love playing it.
Add some books and a plant for a more grown-up look! (Can you tell I had a little fun taking these pictures!)
I hope you stop by R & R Workshop and follow on:
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Grilled Pimiento Cheese Hot Dogs - May 20, 2019
- Tornado Dogs … Hot Dogs with a Twist! - May 15, 2019
- Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Grilled Pork Tenderloin Salad - May 14, 2019