Our summer is off to a great, but busy start! We just finished VBS at our church and are ready to have some fun and get organized. There is so much fun to be had and work to do. One way to do that is by getting the kids to pitch in and help. This fun kids job chart is going in our kid’s rooms to help them out.
Each rung is equipped with a cup hook that will house an ordinary scrapbooking tag. The tags have a chore or a job on them and the amount I’m willing to pay them if they take care of the task.
Let’s find out how to make it…
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in White Birch
- Americana Acrylic Paint in Melon
- Americana Acrylic Paint in Whispering Turquoise
- Americana Acrylic Paint in Sea Glass
- Americana Acrylic Paint in Banana Cream
- Mdf or Wood (mine was 12″x20″)
- white cup hooks
Step One. Paint the entire piece of wood with 2-3 coats of the white birch multi-surface paint. Let it dry completely.
Step Two. Lay down your stencil in the lower right hand corner of your board. I cut the word out onto vinyl using my Silhouette . You can also use stencils if you don’t have an electronic cutter. Just tape it down.
Get ready for a rainbow of beautiful colors…
Step Three. Paint to coats of each color on your stencil. Let it dry completely and remove your vinyl or stencil.
Step Four. Screw in your cup hooks. I used four rows of four hooks spaced evenly. You may need to drill a few pilot holes first.
Now you can add your jobs and you are all done. I hope that my children enjoy their job chart… I know I will! Wink!
Looking for more ways to get organized with your kids this Summer?
Make a Summer Reading Station.
Corral those supplies with fabric covered aluminum can organizers
Organize your fun with this Printable Summer Bucket List
*This post contained affiliate links to products that we use… and love!
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- How To Make Bird’s Nest Napkin Rings - March 18, 2019
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - March 18, 2019
- Easter Treats for Kids and Free Printable Labels - March 4, 2019