Joy to the World Holiday Mantel

joy to the world

Joy to the World Holiday Mantel

I am so excited to finally share my holiday mantel with you guys.  I have to admit, this is probably my most favorite project to date!  I had my friend Shannon come over and snap some pictures and I love how it all turned out! It is so fresh and so bright and cheery!

joy to the world

The song “Joy to the World” has always been special to me, I just love the air of celebration it brings to the holiday season.  When I set out to create this mantel, I knew I wanted to include it somehow.  I first thought of the lighted marquee letters for joy.  Seriously, these letters are a blast, they are insanely large and bright and they are exactly what I had envisioned. You can find the complete tutorial of how to make the lighted marquee letters in our letters in light post.

joy to the world

I used paper mache letters from JoAnn and umbrella lights from World Market to make them.  I will be back in a few days to show the complete tutorial.  It is so much easier than you would think!  They really worked out well hung on my stained pallet back drop, too.

joy to the world

The “to the world” moss wreath was made from basic crafting supplies.  I will also show you how to get the bendable banner a little later.   My holiday decor is centered around a coastal them, hence the starfish.  They practically jump off the cypress branches.  I love how it all ties in!

joy to the world

The stockings are something that have been on my to-do list for three, yes three years.  I can’t tell you how good it feels to finally have them hung.  I was going to do ruffled, but when I saw this trim at Hobby Lobby, I just had to have it!

joy to the world

The girls and I decided that the rosettes may be a little too girlie for daddy, so I made him a simple cuff with dress shirt buttons.

joy to the world

Did I mention that I love how it turned out?  I hope I don’t sound like I am bragging, it is just making me so stinkin’ happy to look at!!  Thanks for letting me to indulge a little.  We have some great projects and tutorials coming your way over the next few weeks, so stay tuned!

Holy moley this is fan-freaking tastic! I can just imagine how serene it must be, sitting in the dark with the mantel aglow.
    I will be waiting this tutorial. ♥

If something ever identified itself with your Blog’s Name that’s this Mantel.
    Uncommon and Unique. Daring like all your creations.
    Happy Holidays!!!

Oh my!!! I LOVE your mantel…the JOY letters are out of this world!!! I would really like to feature it next week, but I need for you to list my party name or blog name with a link back to me on the post.

Absolutely gorgeous!! I’m in love! I actually have those same paper mache letters spelling JOY for MY mantel. Ha! Mine are glittery though. So fun!

Oh man…I love the whole thing! The lighted letters are really cool…but I LOVE the stockings! And the “to the world” wreath! I think I’m being redundant. :) It’s fabulous!

Me again! Thanks so much for sharing at The Creative Spark. I will be featuring this tomorrow. Just an AMAZING mantel!! Happy December!
    Jenn xo

Love it! So simple and elegant! Needing to make some burlap stockings for my daughter and son-in-law from the burlap from their natural fall wedding. Do you have a pattern for the stocking? Love the style, shape and length!

There is absolutely nothing I don’t like about this – love the whole theme, love the lights, love, love, love the burlap stockings. Love it all so much I’m featuring you on the All Star Block Party. Head on over and grab your button!!

Love your mantel and how creative you were with the joy wall art and the lights! I wish we had a world market near me. I’m featuring this tonight at my link party! Thanks for sharing.

Holy cow, that is one incredible mantle!!! I love your sign, it is so unique, just perfect. And the wreath is beautiful…actually it is all beautiful!
    I saw you sharing at The Space Between’s A Crafty Christmas.
    Debbie :)

11. Julie says

Please share the method of closing up the letters after inserting the lights. Ready to begin but wonder about this step….
    Thank you!

1. […] Inspired Christmas Table by Lacquer and Linen Hot Chocolate Station by Finding Home Online JOY Mantel by Uncommon Designs Felt Pine Trees by Love Grows Wild Boxwood Christmas Wreath by Just So Lovely […]

2. […] Christmas Table by Lacquer and Linen Hot Chocolate Station by Finding Home Online JOY Mantel by Uncommon Designs Felt Pine Trees by Love Grows Wild Boxwood […]