Hippety Hoppety Easter is On Its Way! { Framed Bunny Silhouette }

I don’t know about y’all, but I love this time of year!  Everything is starting to bloom and become beautiful again.  Spring really feels like it’s on it’s way!  Today I have a fun Easter project to show you… my framed bunny silhouette!

I searched all over and finally found the perfect “chocolate” bunny!  This is me Inspired made these adorable t-shirts for her little girls and she so kindly shared her template for the bunny.  I printed it out and taped a piece of freezer paper over the picture.  I used an exacto knife and carefully cut around the bunny.  Next, I simply ironed the freezer paper onto a scrap of burlap.

Now, to give the bunny the official chocolate look!  Just a little paint and we are good!

I removed the glass from this matted frame and mounted my little bunny right inside!  This looked so pretty, but it needed just a little something more…

Have you seen these flat cut unfinished wood frames from Michaels?  So cute!  The best part is that it fit my frame perfectly!  I added a little spray paint to the front so it would match my frame.  Then, I used the command adhesive strips from 3M and attached both pieces together at the corners.  All done

Isn’t she a little beauty?  She looks so divine just as she is, but you could always dress her up a bit…

You could add a pretty bow…

Or you could even surround her with Tissue Poms…

She is a beauty!  This will make a perfect statement piece for the Easter Egg Hunt I’m planning!

Bring on Spring!

For more information on tissue poms…click here!

Oh that is soooo sweet! I think I’m going to have to try one of my own! Thanks for including our garden bed on your facebook page!

So stinkin’ cute! I really need to buy some freezer paper. I have a frame and I have plenty of burlap. Thanks so much for showing how to do this!

HI Trish! It’s great to meet you and thank you so much for your kind compiment :) I love what you’ve done here with the burlap and frame! I am not so crafty myself so I’m alway happy to find some fun and easy ideas. Hope you have a wonderful day!

My little two year old, who isn’t feeling so good, is sitting by me now, and he just pointed and said “that’s cute”. I must say I do agree, love your bunny art. I would love for you to share at the weekly Fri-monday Bacon Time Anything Goes linky.

I have seen those frames from Michaels! I bought an oval one and used it for a hair bow holder, by just adding some chicken wire. This picture looks adorable. And I have some burlap lying around, I might just have to try this! :) I would love for you to link it up at my link party.

wow! this turned out amazing. i especially love the added funky wood frame.

stopping by from turquoise tuesday.
    hope you’ll stop by my blog sometime.

I am so in love with this, I don’t even know what to say. Thanks so much for the inspiration!! I have been working on a leprechaun silhouette this week. I might have to do this with that little guy… :)

I adore this. I was going to ask you to share this when I first saw it, but I didn’t want to bombard you. I’m so glad you shared it at Whimsy Wednesday. I love the addition of the bow!

This is such a classy Easter decoration!!! You can keep it up year round too!!

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer – From Dream To Reality!

P.S. Following you via Linky Followers :)

What a cute project! I like your bunny with a bow! BTW – It was 70 here in KY today, so it really does feel like spring has arrived! Thanks for sharing at the Rock ‘N Share!

Oh my, how cute. We <3 bunnies here on the farm. :) We have two live ones and this is an adorable tribute.

I hopped over from The NY Melrose Family.

Jessie at JessieGunderson.com

This is so cute!!! I love that unfinished frame behind it! So pretty! I have never seen those at Michael’s. Are they with all the frames in the back or with the wood art stuff? I love it! Thanks for sharing at Thursday’s Temptation.

I will totally be stealing this idea!! Super cute! Thanks so much for linking up again at The Creative Spark. I’ll be featuring this tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday!
    Jenn :)

So wonderful how you spruced up a plain white frame with the detailed flat wood one, gives the perfect whimsical feel! I must try this paper freezer technique, seems so simple and effective. The frame in the supplies picture is also quite exquisite, hope you found something interesting to do with that one, too! Actually, I’m curious, did you get that frame as is, or did you paint it? I have a frame with similar detailing that I’d like to paint but not too sure how to go about doing it and making the detail pop.

So happy you linked up this one! Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Hugs and wishes for a lovely week ahead. P.S. The new giveaway has started!

Hi! We are at the same party, Dear Lillie’s. Thank-you for sharing your darling bunny pattern. I did not even know about the frames at Michaels. Happy Easter! Denise from english purple ribbon blogspot