Who is with me that breakfast for dinner is so delicious on these cold winter days? There is just something warm and cozy about a hot meal on the table that requires very little effort. I can’t wait to share my ham and egg bake that is great for breakfast, dinner, or anytime!
The best part about this ham and egg bake is that it is a make-ahead meal. You can make it the night before or early the next morning if you are cooking it for dinner! When it comes time to serve, just pop it in the oven and you are done! Break out a bagged salad, fruit, or tomatoes and you have a full meal that is one of our family’s favorites.
Ham and Egg Bake
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped or diced
- 6 slices of bread: cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons assorted peppers, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13″ casserole dish.
Take your first four ingredients and toss them together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and spices.
Pour your dry ingredients into the casserole dish and then pour your egg mixture right on top.
The casserole tastes best if you refrigerate it overnight or at least eight hours before you bake it!
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Looking for more recipes that will keep you warm and cozy? Check out our hot chocolate recipes and treat ideas.
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - April 3, 2017
- A Vintage Inspired Easter Pail - March 29, 2017
- Easter Egg Decorating Party - March 21, 2017