This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGoldfish #CollectiveBias
Don’t Eat Pete Big Game Edition
Are you ready for some football? We love to celebrate fun times with family and friends and the Big Game is no exception. I love having people over and I find that if the kids have something fun to do and something good to snack on, our parties are always memorable. Football games are always interesting for the adults at the party, but sometimes little ones need a little organized fun. Today, I am sharing a fun game idea that will have kids of all ages entertained and snacking their hearts out.
Have you ever heard of the game “Don’t Eat Pete”? I love it because it involves food and fun… my favorite combination. There are so many different versions out there, but I am sharing a fun football-themed edition of Don’t Eat Pete. The best part about this game is that even young kids can play this game, so it is a great choice for gatherings where there are kids that vary in age. This is super important with most of our get-togethers and I want everyone to leave our home having had a blast!
I’ve designed a Don’t Eat Pete Big Game Edition game cards for you to download, but you will need to purchase the game pieces. We love to use Goldfish® crackers, because I know that parents and kids alike love them and it is a feel good snack that always tastes great. They are always on our shopping list when we go to Target, just pop by the snack aisle.
Let’s learn how to play the game…
Don’t Eat Pete Big Game Edition
- Don’t Eat Pete Game Cards (free printable download)
- Goldfish crackers (I used Goldfish Cheddar 30 oz. Cartons)
How to Play Don’t Eat Pete:
1. Before your big game celebration, download and print the Don’t Eat Pete Big Game Edition game cards. I printed mine on white cardstock.
2. Cover each character with a Goldfish cracker. Be sure to cover up all squares on the game card. Choose one person to be “It”, and send them out of the room. The rest of the group chooses which character to be “Pete.” The “It” person comes back and starts to eat the candy off the board in whatever order they want. When they reach to grab the “Pete” all the other players yell “DON’T EAT PETE” and that “It” person isn’t it anymore. Choose and new “It” and keep going until everyone has played their hearts out!
The Big Game will be so much fun for your guests and you may even be able to watch those amazing commercials without being interrupted. One thing is for sure, everyone will leave having had a great time and their bellies will be full!
This fun football themed game isn’t the only way you can get creative with your child this winter. Right now you can enter to win $5000 with your child by creating your own Goldfish Tales Animation Xperience at GoldfishSmiles.com.
Goldfish crackers… “The Snack That Smiles Back®!”
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- How To Make Bird’s Nest Napkin Rings - March 18, 2019
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - March 18, 2019
- Easter Treats for Kids and Free Printable Labels - March 4, 2019