Garnet Hill Tree Skirt Knockoff….I Have A Little Crush…..

Garnet Hill Tree Skirt Knockoff

Remember this BEAUTIFUL Garnet Hill tree skirt had right before Christmas! I instantly had a HUGE crush! The simplicity and attention to detail had my name all over it! SIGH!!! Let’s stop just a minute and stare, shall we…………
Anyway, I had a very sweet friend ask me about making her a new tree skirt right before I saw this. I instantly thought of our Pottery Barn Poinsettia Pillow and how I could use that concept on her tree skirt. Then after seeing this beauty, I knew she would LOVE it! We tweaked the colors to match her home decor of traditional red and white. It turned out fabulous and she was thrilled to receive it and place it under her family tree!
Garnet hill tree skirt knockoff

In the mad rush of Christmas, no final picture was taken! ARGH! Let me just say that after hand cutting around 350 wool felt petals in multiple sizes and hand pleating and stitching each one, I was a little forgetful about the whole final photo thing!! It ended up with four large covered buttons down the back and cute little grosgrain ribbon loops…SAWEET!! The wool felt petals turned out just gorgeous!!

Garnet hill tree skirt knockoff

I just LOVED the expression on her face when I arrived at her home to help complete her Christmas decor! For me, that’s the BEST part!
Now if I can just make myself a totally cream one by Christmas 2012!!!
ENJOY!!

Bonnie

Welcome to Uncommon Designs. I am Bonnie Mauney and the co-author here at Uncommon Designs. My love for creating crafts, home decor, seasonal decor, and sewing has led me to my desire to share that with you here at our blog. I am happy to have you stop by our little slice of the blog world and join us in Creating the Extraordinary!

Comments

Kim, That is on my very long “to do” list for this year!! I use a lot of natural colors at Christmas and the ivory would look wonderful! Thank you for your sweet comment! Bonnie

2. Ali says

I love that! I’ve just been googling round the globe for one from Garnet Hill and happened upon you :-).

It’s gorgeous.

Ali
    Dublin,
    Ireland

Love, love, love this!!!! Do you have a pattern for the poinsetta’s? I make tree skirts and stockings for my nieces and nephews for their wedding gifts and I have 4 to make for this summer. Would love to be able to use this idea as one of the gifts. Sounds like the difficult part is the time it takes to make the poinsettas. If you have a pattern and directions for making them I could spend the time sewing. Many thanks for sharing. Virginia Roland pvroland@gmail.com

This is an amazing site – I found the skirt in an old magazine and stumbled upon your site. Do you have the pattern you used? I have drawn one and think I got it but am not sure if you cut out individual leaves or in pairs and would love some direction to feel more confident. Please email me at e.bilawchuk@gmail.com. I have my fabric but I am very nervous to dive in, lol.

5. Kim Garrett says

Beautiful tree skirt!!! I would love to make this for my daughter this year and time is running out :( I am hoping you have directions and wouldn’t mind sharing it with me! Thank you! Kim

6. Rhonda P says

I love, love, LOVE it!!!! We want the directions to make it too….please, please share! You have done a wonderful job on this.
    Thank you and Merry Christmas, Rhonda

7. Lisa D says

I too would love any patterns or directions you have to share! Thank you for your inspiration. Your skirt is truly gorgeous!
    Best wishes, Lisa

8. Jax says

My old skirt gave up on us last Christmas. I need a new one and want to make my own. Any chance you have been able to get a pattern put together for your skirt? I would love to make one like it.