This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasySqueezy #CollectiveBias
Are you ready for the easiest recipe ever? Today I am sharing my recipe for roasted vidalia onions. This recipe takes that summer crop of sweet vidalia onions to an entirely new level. They are perfect for a side dish or even as a main dish. Meatless Monday… meet roasted vidalia onions.
In our family, we call these easy as 1-2-3 vidalia onions. You simply peel, fill and bake! I always thought it couldn’t get any easier than this, but I actually was wrong!
Let me introduce you to my favorite new item from the dairy case… Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ Spread. I never knew what was missing from my life, but this new gem is it! The Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ Spread made with real butter comes in this handy squeeze bottle and is perfect for just about anything cooking related. The fact that I can just pull this out of the fridge, squeeze this spread right on my onions makes this recipe a hit in my book. There is no mess and no waiting… it is easy squeezy!
I found it in the dairy case at my local Walmart. Be sure to print out this Save $0.50 off ONE (1) Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ coupon before you go!
Let’s learn how to make this recipe!
Easy Roasted Vidalia Onions
- Vidalia Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ Spread.
- 1 Bouillon Cube (chicken, beef, vegetable… your choice)
- Peel your onion and slice off the top and bottom.
- Take a melon scoop or spoon and remove a small hole at the top of the onion.
- Fill with the bouillon cube and squeeze spread.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for one hour.
I love it this time of year when vidalia onions are fresh and in season. You will peel the first layer off the onion and cut a slice off of the top an the bottom. I use a melon scoop to round out a hole in the top of the onion.
Place a bouillon cube right in the hole. For this recipe I used chicken bouillon, but beef is also really yummy. I’d love to try it with vegetable bouillon, too.
Now you’ll squeeze the Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ Spread right on top. This one step makes the recipe even easier… I did not think that was possible!
Finally, you’ll wrap them up in aluminum foil and cook them in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour.
So easy and so, so good. Your house will smell absolutely amazing, too! How will you use Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ Spread ? It will make cooking a breeze.
Be sure to pin this post for later…
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- How To Make Bird’s Nest Napkin Rings - March 18, 2019
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - March 18, 2019
- Easter Treats for Kids and Free Printable Labels - March 4, 2019