This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Duck® Brand. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have never been one to turn down a challenge, so when the Stuck at Prom® opportunity came to make something out of Duck Tape® for prom season… I was totally in!
Duck Tape® Brand Tape comes in over 140 colors and prints these days and I knew that I wanted to use a delicate pink to make a really sweet flower clip to be worn in the hair for prom.
I decided that I would make a pretty Duck Tape® flower and then glue it to the top of a fancy bobby pin. Don’t you just love the two elements together?
Here is how to make the Duck Tape® Flower …
Are you ready for the supply list? Just Duck Tape® Brand tape, scissors, and a fancy bobby pin.
Let’s get started…
1. Fold over a small section of tape and cut the double sided section out. Now you will cut a circle to serve as your flower base. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
2. Now we will make the petals. You will need 7 large petals, 5 medium, and 4 small petals. To contstuct the petals you will fold over a section of tape and cut it off a little past where the doubled tape ends. So you will have a rectangle that is double-sided almost all the way down with a single layer showing at the end. Now, cut a petal shape and be sure to cut a triangle at the bottom.
3. Time to put those petals on! Begin by crossing over the two tails of your petals and placing on the circle. Finish up by going all the way around the circle with your large petals, then do two additional layers with your medium and then your small petals. You are done… takes about 10 minutes tops!
4. The last step is to hot glue your flower on to the bobby pin.
Isn’t she just so pretty?
Here is where all the fun begins if you have a teen that is age 14 or older who will be attending the prom this year, they have the opportunity to enter the Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest.
Visit Stuck at Prom® from now until June 10,2013 to enter your Duck Tape® Prom creation and you could win one up to $5,000 for them and their school, as well! For all of the details visit Stuck at Prom®.
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - April 3, 2017
- A Vintage Inspired Easter Pail - March 29, 2017
- Easter Egg Decorating Party - March 21, 2017