Did you want to start an advent tradition with your family with year, but didn’t get started? It isn’t too late to make a 12 Days of Christmas Count Down advent Calendar!
Today, we are going to show you how to make one! There are tons of advent calendar ideas out there, but this one won’t break the bank, is extremely versatile, and you can make it with basic crafting supplies and a few boxes.
Let’s get started…
12 Days of Christmas Count Down Advent Calendar
- Paper Mache Square Boxes
- Paper Mache Circle Boxes
- Paper Mache Star Box
- Paper Mache Square Wine Box
- Deco Art Acrylic Craft Paint
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Core’ dinations White Core Tags
- Embellishments: I used Queen & Co. Bling Pearls, Martha Stewart Crafts Shimmer Doily Die Cuts, Washi Tape and Grosgrain Ribbon
- Die Cut or Sticker Numbers 1-12
Step One.I used paper mache boxes because they are super sturdy, but they do use a load of paint to cover them. So, I recommend painting them with a coat of Mod Podge first. Then paint your boxes in whatever color you like! I painted each box with a couple of coats and then followed up again with another coat of Mod Podge. My kids even stepped in to help out with some of the painting!
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Spring Cleaning the Kitchen with a Printable Checklist - April 3, 2017
- A Vintage Inspired Easter Pail - March 29, 2017
- Easter Egg Decorating Party - March 21, 2017