Cheer Party… Peace, Love, Cheer!

cheer party

My oldest, Ann, is turning nine this week and I just can’t believe how fast it is all going!!  I also realized that I never shared her adorable cheer party from last year with you guys… shame on me.  What a bad blogger!!

Better late than never, right?!

cheer party decorations

Most of the decorations for the party centered around the tables.  With most tables, it is all about the layering.  I started with black table linens and added a black and white gingham table runner.  I love gingham and black and white matches so many color combinations!  Next came the placesettings… a monogrammed drawstring backpack, a megaphone, personalized aluminum water bottle with a fun ponytail holder, and a set of metallic pom poms.  Everything a cheerleader might need, right?  They were ready!

spirit ribbons hair bow tutorial

We had two cheerleaders from the local high school come over and do the girls hair and teach them some cheers.  Do you remember when I posted the Spirit Ribbons Hair Bow Tutorial?  That was from the party!  See… I am not a complete slacker.

cheer party activity

The party guests colored in their monogram on the drawstring backpack with fabric markers.  Now they had the perfect bag for all of their cheer gear!

cheer pyramid cupcakes

I have always wanted to make cupcakes in a jar and this was my favorite part of the party decor!  I cut different silhouettes out of black vinyl on my Cricut and attached metallic red pom poms to complete their uniforms.  How cute are they?  I just wish I had a better photo… I am just going to have to let it go.  Do you have projects that you love, but the pictures are not great?  Please tell me I am not the only 0ne who obsesses!

cheer party

The girls had so much fun!  Hiring the teenagers was a huge hit.  I could have just had those girls come with a pack of rubberbands and the kids would not have cared. I loved seeing them so happy… so worth it!

Next Friday we will be hosting a luau pool party to ring in Ann’s ninth birthday.  I promise it won’t take me a year to post about it!  Have a good one!

Comments

That is all so fun Trish! What a darling party theme and you carried it out to perfection. Gooooooo Trish! Do I sound like a cheerleader? ;-)
    Vanessa

I LOOOOOOOVE this party, really so cute! That is the kind of parties that I like, there is no need to have a commercial theme… That is super clever! Just wait until my 18 month old daughter hits the 13 years old LOL and you’ll see! lol. I don’t forget so easily!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this. I don’t know if you know about my link party but this idea and all of them actually would be awesome to have them there!

Hope you are having a lovely day!!!

Hugs
    Cami @ TitiCrafty by Camila

3. Dreama says

What a great party idea. Everything you did was over the top. My granddaughter just made cheerleader for her middle school and I’d love to do this. Only problem, I’m in a different state. I would, however, like to know how you did the actual cupcakes in a jar. Did you make them and just put them in the jars? Thanks. I love your blog.

4. Belinda says

Did you monogram the sling backpack? Is the material nylon? If so, what did you use to monogram it?

Super cute! As a former cheerleader I appreciate everything about this party! I would have loved a party like this when I was a kid!

I love all the details that you put into this. I especially love the table display, and your comment on layering. It really does make such a difference, and you kept everything organized, neat and looking clean. Often with parties, there are so many ideas and details that the table gets cluttered. You’ve done a great job highlighting each detail on it’s own beautifully. Thanks for the ideas!
    Jess

LOVE IT!!! What a genius idea to stack the mason jars like real cheerleaders! So Cool!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality last week! Looking forward to partying with you again tomorrow evening!

I so love these girly things, and oh those pom poms! How I missed those! I actually have a great teen years and have fully enjoyed cheering at school, anyway, thank you for sharing this, it made me nostalgic :) , great post!

9. Kristen says

I don’t even have a cricut yet! LOL! But plan on getting both very shortly… I’ve been researching a little though and think I understand what to do. Thanks so much…I’ve searched and searched and can’t find those silhouettes but I’ll keep looking! Thanks so much!!