“BOO” and “JOY” Apothecary Jars Revisited…

Have you seen these “BOO” Apothecary Jars…

apothecary jars

How About These “JOY” Apothecary Jars

We were looking back over all of our posts from the past year, and by far, these two projects have had the most interest on our little blog!!

It never fails, each week these continue to rank very high in our stats. Of course with the beginning Pinterest , well, let’s just say we have been shocked by the numbers!

We have a lot of questions emailed to us daily about where to get them, how to make them, or just how adorable they are!

They were based on a tutorial found at Shanty 2 Chic . We followed their tutorial, but we did add an extra piece of wood under the glass jars to give it some extra visual weight and stability. Another little extra was spraying each with a semi-gloss poly to give it a very finished look!

_____________________________________________

Since we first made them {about a year ago} some of the supplies have been harder to come by, so we thought we would try to give you a little update on where to find the items…

1. The glass jars are still at Hobby Lobby {we used the medium sized ones HERE}

2. The candlesticks are from both Michaels and Hobby Lobby {You can find the 9 inch one HERE and the 6 3/4 inch one HERE . The 4 inch one is no longer available at any of my local craft stores. }

3. The finials no longer look the same at Hobby Lobby but HERE is a similar one at Hobby Lobby.

4. The cute little wooden letters came from Hobby Lobby as well and were painted black, you can find them HERE!

5. The wooden disc we attached under the glass jar can be found HERE.

6. The wooden disc we put under the bottom of each candlestick can be found HERE.

7. The black gingham ribbon can be found HERE.

________________________________________________

These are so cute and offer you LOTS of decorating flexibility. Our children LOVE to see what we will fill them with next!!

How about you? What would you fill them with?

Be sure to see how we have changed out our Apothecary Jars for each season HERE! So versatile and fun!

this post contains affiliate links

I am a wife and mom to 2 fabulous children. My love for creating crafts, home decor, seasonal decor, and sewing has led me to my desire to share that with you here at Uncommon Designs. I am happy to have you stop by our little slice of the blog world and join us in Creating the Extraordinary! Enjoy!

Comments

One last question! Are the jars 8 1/2 inches tall or 6 1/2 inches tall. There are 2 medium sized at hobby lobby and I cant tell from the picture. I love this craft I’m going to have fun making it!

Thanks for the comments!!!!

The jars are the 6 1/2 inch size! { my HL only has 3 sizes}

I am not aware if you can get the finials online at AC Moore. try looking in the unfinished wood section.

Kelly, The candlesticks at my HL{Columbia,SC} are in the unfinished wood section where the wooden letters are. They only restock ever so often which may be why they are not there? Try finding something similar that is finished that you can spray paint!

• says

Thanks for posting this! Found everything on the craftparts website except the jars:) Can’t wait to make them.
      I’m going to make white and black:)

Thanks ” Meand4boyz”!! We would LOVE to see how they turn out!!! I can’t respond to you directly as you have your profile as a “no-reply”, but I wanted to say a BIG HUGE THANK YOU to you!!! LOTS of folks are having trouble with supplies at HL and Michaels and this info will be a great help! You are the best!! ;)

So glad to help out. I am going to try and fix the no reply, I am not sure where to find it. I also wanted to ask if you know how tall your wooden letters are? I went to HL today and found them, but of course there are not enough for our big group and I forgot to measure so I can order online. Thanks SO much for answering all our questions. We will show you how they turn out. So excited to make them!

I just got my shipment from craftparts.com today. I am extremely happy with the 6 and 9 inch candlesticks. I am disappointed with the 3 inch ones as they look like doll pieces, short and skinny. My husband and I are going to try and find some other piece of wood to add some length to them before the group does this craft. The finials I got are also small and I would have preferred bigger. We chose the 2-7/8 ones because they were $.35 each, but I think it would look better with the 4-1/4 ones which are $1.50 each. We were trying to keep the cost down for our large group and they will look fine, but if I was just doing it on my own and not buying in bulk I would get the larger ones. Hope this helps.
    Happy with the company’s service and shipping.

Just letting everyone know that I found the circle plaques at Joannes because Hobby Lobby was out of stock. They special ordered what I needed (because I needed a large quantity).
    I bought the 4 inch for under the jar and 5 inch for the base.

7. Anonymous says

Hi there!! I Sooo love what you’ve done here!!! ❤❤�� can you please tell me what size candle sticks you used and what size was the extra piece of circle wood was? Thank you soooo much!

~ nikki

8. Anonymous says

has anyone thought of a cute idea to fill these jars with for valentines day? What 3 letter word can you use?

9. Carol says

I absolutely love this idea and I just have one question about the jars……can they be 6.5 inches tall and almost 4.5 inches in diameter? I just found some canisters that are that size but wasn’t sure if they were too “fat”.

I can’t tell you how much I love these! I got all the stuff to make them, but have a few questions. Did you use wood glue Or like E6000 to glue the candlesticks to the wood bases? And, did you glue the jar to the wood piece as well, and if so what did you use?

Thank you so much! I can’t wait to finish them. :-)

I couldn’t find the candlesticks at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I just ordered them online though! Can’t wait to get them and make these. Such a great project! Thanks for sharing.

I cannot for the life of me find a candlestick anywhere between the size of 3″ and 6″. How do you think it would look if I used the 6″ size for my smallest candlestick and used an 11″ size as the tallest?

13. Corinne Bippert says

I’m in the middle of making these and I’m having trouble getting the acrylic paint to stay on the jar lids. Any fixes for this? I also heard you can get ll the pieces for this in a bundle online! Anyone else know/ hear of where it’s available?

1. […] I hope that you are enjoying the preparations for the holidays and are doing a better job at staying sane than I have been. Things are good and crazy around here and I feel so behind! I keep picturing the manger scene where “all is calm and bright” and I try to take a deep breath and remember what a fantastic and miraculous gift we have already received. Thank you Jesus for always helping me to find a little peace when I need it the most… you never let me down! {UPDATE!} check out our “Give Thanks” Apothecary Jars! Find An Updated Supply List HERE! […]