A Simple Mermaid Party

A Simple Mermaid Party was published first on Uncommon Designs.
Do you ever get so frustrated when you want to plan a simple party for a ton of your child’s friends, but also want it to be beautiful?

As a mom and a creative blogger I am constantly torn between style and function when it comes to planning children’s parties. However, it is always possible to come up with an elegant solution with a little planning.

I helped create this simple mermaid party for a friend who wanted to throw a pool party for her daughter’s birthday, but still wanted it to be creative and beautiful.

A Simple Mermaid Party was published first on Uncommon Designs.
mermaid party

Deciding upon one centralized place for your party decor is an easy solution.   Instead of decorated the entire pool area, we decided to only decorate the gazebo that was right beside the pool.  It was perfect!   You could do the same thing in one corner of the pool area, too!

mermaid party

The fish were made from paper lanterns, tulle, and felt.  They were inspired by an old Pottery Barn collection.  Whimsical and fun, the children loved the fish on display.  We also hung different sizes and colors of bubbles all around, as well as some blue tulle for water.

mermaid party
My favorite decoration for the party was this girly sea life appliquéd tablecloth.  I started with a simple white tablecloth and appliquéd coral and sea creatures in lots of pinks and bright colors.  The edges were finished with flowy tulle and it was just so dreamy!

mermaid party

Of course, no party is complete without beautiful party favors!

I love it! It turned out so well. I just helped my sister in law throw a mermaid party for my niece…but it was anything but simple! However, I like simple better. So much more special.

OMGosh! It is so sweet and pretty! My daughter would have loved it. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from DIY Home Sweet Home. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party tomorrow at The Dedicated House. Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

This turned out sooo incredible! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The fish lanterns are brilliant & the tablecloth & everything! Great job! <3 Heidi Rew

Oh. My. Gosh. Those fish are absolutely adorable. Love them!!!

Thanks so much for sharing on Show and Tell Wednesday at SNAP!

xoxo, Tauni

5. rachel says

Can you please tell me how to do the fish? I am having a birthday party for my daughter and it would go great with the mermaid theme:) You did an amazing job on this!

6. Sharon says

What did you use for the sea life pattern/animals on the tablecloth and where do you get them? Also, how did you get the tulle to attach (sew, glue, etc)? Thanks, the tablecloth is so cute!

1. […] This is a really simple mermaid birthday party. I love these fish made from paper lanterns and tulle. This party is from Uncommon Designs. […]