DIY Halloween Ornament Wreath

Halloween decor can be scary, spooky, silly, cute, or
    classic. Today we would like to show you a very classic take on both Halloween colors, and decor!

I {Bonnie} have had my eye on one of these wreaths forever!! So, last year when all the Christmas {YES…I said Christmas} ornaments went on clearance, I snatched up what I needed to make this Halloween ornament wreath!!
Here is what you will need…

1 metal macrame’ ring {I got mine at Hobby Lobby}
enough Christmas ornaments to fit wire ring {I used a mixture of shiny black, flat black, shiny orange, flat orange, and glittered black}
your trusty glue gun and glue
duct tape
beautiful ribbon of your choice
The first thing you will do is to cut the metal ring…be VERY careful!! {I have a band-aid to prove it!} I used a hand saw to cut through it!
Next you will need to attach the tops of the ornaments to the glass ball with a little hot glue. This decreases the chance of the glass ball “falling” off the metal attached top. Gently pull the metal top off each one and put a little bit of hot glue in the top and gently put it back together.
Now is when you get to use that fabulous creativity you have! Simply start “threading” the ornaments onto the ring. There is no right or wrong way to do this.
I did not have a pattern that I was following, I just “eyeballed” what looked good to me!
When I was almost all the way around, I left myself just enough space to tape the wire closed! I used Gorilla Tape…it is a thinner version of the traditional silver duct tape.
Really…it doesn’t have to be pretty, but it does need to secure the wreath closed!!
I added a beautiful, traditional, classic black and white gingham ribbon bow….
LOVE IT!!
I can’t wait to get out all my other Halloween decorations! I hope you have enjoyed this weeks “Wicked Wednesday” here at Uncommon!!
Bonnie
Welcome to Uncommon Designs. I am Bonnie Mauney and the co-author here at Uncommon Designs. My love for creating crafts, home decor, seasonal decor, and sewing has led me to my desire to share that with you here at our blog. I am happy to have you stop by our little slice of the blog world and join us in Creating A Beautiful Life!

Comments

I loved seeing all the Christmas Versions of this last year but I really like this Halloween one, guess I need to remember to hit the after Christmas sales this year to make one for next year!!

What a gorgeous wreath! Over the last holiday season and this I’ve had too many irons in the fire to do my seasonal decorating and I miss it. I’ll definitely be saving this idea for next year!

That is one of the coolest wreaths ever! I wanted to make something like that last Christmas but never did. The way you attached the ornaments is genius. Totally pinning this.

You are so organised thinking about this project last Christmas! I love your wreath-you did a wonderful job.

My weekly Pinning & Singing Pinterst Linky party is on now! Please come and check out my favourite pins for the week!

Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

What a fantastic idea!!
    Great thinking about snatching all of these up after Christmas. I always hit the after Christmas sales looking for anything that could be used for different holidays and seasons. I am the crazy lady who does 14 Christmas trees, 5 Valentine’s Day trees, 3 Easter trees, a Patriotic tree for the summer and now I have a Fall tree and a Halloween tree!!
    Stop by if you can to see my Fall post. Halloween decor post goes up on Tuesday……

Hugs,
    Debbie

Love this! I’ve seen these for Christmas, but never for Halloween. Pure genius!! I’ll be featuring it tomorrow at Creations by Kara. :)

Hi, I am your new follower. I have been wanting to make one of these wreaths for a while. Thanks for sharing!
    Amber @junkaholicsunanimous

Love, LoVe, LOVED this…and I’m sitting on ready to do this. BUT, I have a duh question…what size is the macrame’ ring? OR, could I use an old wire hanger to do the trick (I found an Christmas one on a Pinterest board)…but regardless, this is on my list of to do for next year. My door will be AWESOME! Thank you for inspiration…((happy sigh))

Sometimes it’s hard to come across “classy” Halloween decorations, but this wreath is just beautiful! It was so clever of you to turn a typically Christmas concept into a Halloween wreath…and now you’ve got me thinking about other seasons… :) Pinned, and thanks so much for the inspiration!