Hi Uncommon Designs readers! My name is Karen and I am visiting from my blog Pocket Full of Pink, where I like to post about crafts I am working on, recipes, and a little bit of everything else!
These recipes for Creamy Tomato Soup and Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are some of my family’s favorite meals! I found these recipe’s years ago in the Taste of Home Magazine. If you haven’t been on their website, you should go visit. Lots of yummy recipes! I tweaked this one just a bit, and I think it tastes fabulous.
Here it goes:
Personally I don’t care for the chunks of diced tomato’s in the soup…. soooooo I put the diced tomatoes in the blender first.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped (today I didn’t have an onion, so I used dehydrated onions. Tasted fine!)
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes undrained. (if you don’t like chunks, blend it first!)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk (evaporated milk works great)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2-1 tsp paprika
- 1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, soup, milk, sugar, basil, paprika and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. I used a wire whip and stirred quickly to get any lumps out. Serve immediately. 8 servings.
This is the best tomato soup I have EVER had!
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened (you can use the low fat kind!)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I use the kind with olive oil)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. seasoned salt
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 TBSP butter or margarine, softened
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in cheeses, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Spread five slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches; cook in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. 5 or more servings.
These sandwiches are YUMMY! My family can’t get enough of them. Just try to forget how much fat is in each one. Remember…..moderation:)
Thanks for letting me hang out with you all today! Stop by my blog anytime! I would love a visit:)
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Giving Back This Holiday Season - November 17, 2017
- DIY Washi Tape Wall Frames - November 13, 2017
- Set the Scene: A Simple Christmas Morning Breakfast - November 4, 2017