I love to entertain during the Summer. Every year as the weather gets warmer, I make plans to clean off the porch, add some new throw pillows and get ready to have some folks over! Outdoor entertaining is so much fun and it can be so easy if you let it!
Today I’m going to show you how I prepare for a small gathering, some of my favorite wine and a simple, but company-worthy andouille sausage pasta recipe that is to die for!
Let’s talk about set up. This doesn’t have to cost a fortune or have you working for hours. I finally got my husband to move our picnic table up to our back porch and I simply placed a fun striped runner down the center of it. I set up a small beverage station by simply placing some shatterproof wine glasses on a tray and added some napkins and a simple starfish.
Here is my absolute favorite part… the wine. The Wine Group’s Cupcake® wine is a favorite at our house. I love the Pinot Grigio, but my husband is a fan of the Chardonnay. I picked them both up in the refrigerated wine section at my local Publix and so they came ready for a party.
The white whines pair perfectly with the pasta dish and I can’t wait to share it with you!
This is our favorite recipe for creating a fresh summer pasta dish with something other than chicken! It is so yummy and our kids will even ask for seconds! It is also a one pot meal so clean up is a breeze.
We used Aidells® Sausage for this recipe. I love cajun food, so I chose the Adouille flavor and it did not disappoint! Here is the full recipe so you make this dish for yourself or for the next time company comes to town.
Andouille Sausage Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pkg Aidells® Sausage, we used the Cajun Andouille Pork flavor
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup chopped mini peppers
- 1 cup of spinach, washed
- 32oz. chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 8 oz dry pasta, I used spiralized pasta
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage,peppers and onion and cook until browned and softened.
- Add in chicken broth and milk, then stir in the pasta.
- Cover and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes.
- Add in handful spinach
- Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese.
It turns out perfectly everytime and you can pick and choose if you want to add more or less veggies or sausage. If you are feeding more than four people, I would double the recipe.
After you enjoy your meal around the table, be sure to enjoy any leftover wine and savor those moments of Summer. They are truly magical!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells® & The Wine Group. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Trish Flake (see all)
- Giving Back This Holiday Season - November 17, 2017
- DIY Washi Tape Wall Frames - November 13, 2017
- Set the Scene: A Simple Christmas Morning Breakfast - November 4, 2017